“A characteristic of artistic education is for people to tell you that you’re a genius. […] So everybody gets this idea, if you go to art school, that you’re really a genius. Sadly, it isn’t true. Genius occurs very rarely. So the real embarrassing issue about failure is your own acknowledgement that you’re not a genius, that you’re not as good as you thought you were. […] There’s only one solution: You must embrace failure. You must admit what is. You must find out what you’re capable of doing, and what you’re not capable of doing. That is the only way to deal with the issue of success and failure because otherwise you simply would never subject yourself to the possibility that you’re not as good as you want to be, hope to be, or as others think you are.” —Legendary designer Milton Glaser, father of the I♥NY logo, on the fear of failure. (via explore-blog)
“Nations that don’t invest in the future tend not to do well there” —Thomas L. Friedman - on “that magic combination of cutting-edge higher education, government-funded research and immigration of high-I.Q. risk-takers. They are, in combination, America’s golden goose.” (via gregmelander)
What's wrong with our society.
- Kim Kardashian: I'd like to marry this dude and spend $10 million dollars on a publicity wedding please oh and then 72 days later I'd like a divorce
- America: Well sure why not?
- Britney Spears: I want to get hitched in a chapel in Vegas and have the marriage annulled fifty-five hours later because I didn't know what the hell I was doing
- America: Whatever you want!
- Carmen Electra: I want to get married in Vegas to this basketball player and then annul the marriage nine days later cuz we were both drunk lololololololololol
- America: Okay, sounds like fun!
- Gay couple: We would like to get married and spend our lives together and possibly adopt unwanted children to give them a good home and -
- America: WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU IDIOTS THAT IS DISGUSTING AND WRONG YOU DEFILE THE SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE SO GTFO
“Ideas are a son of a bitch like that, because they always come when you are least prepared to preserve them. Inspiration is like some sort of weird collision, where the idea is always sweeping across the landscape, through the neighborhood, or in and out the bedroom window. For that idea to hit you, you must be moving as well. If you’re standing still, the idea will whip right around you and keep going. It is like some sort of weird reverse game of chicken, where the sole way to make contact is by trying to miss one another.” —via Frank: (via thisway)
So Comic Sans walks into a bar...
and the bartenders says, ”Hey, we don’t serve your type here.”